Ecology & Tourism
Our concern for ecology and tourism is not new, we have been practicing environmentally friendly work for many years, but it was not until 2020 when we got the official organic farming certificate.
The importance Eco-friendly accommodation
Sansofestay is strongly committed to Eco-friendly accommodation in Spain and to ecotourism. It is a new experience to enjoy a paradisiacal holiday in total respect of nature.
Nature is very grateful to ecological work, and the effect they cause is noticed soon, you just have to take a walk around the farm and be a little curious to appreciate the large amount of life there is: all kinds of arthropods such as the monarch butterfly, lizards, perennials, kestrels, buzzard, partridges, birds of all kinds such as the canary, sparrow and alpispa, and nocturnal animals such as ground hedgehogs, owl, little owl and shearwater among others.
The apartments are in the middle of this farm, and in line with the above, we try to make them little by little, more sustainable.
I cannot fail to mention that, thanks to the practice of environmentally friendly agriculture, the amount of microorganisms and arthropods increases exponentially, providing these ideal conditions to the soil and consequently to organic farming.
Our best ecotourism accommodations in Spain
Dare to spend an incredible vacation on the island of Tenerife, with a conscience towards the planet You are in the perfect place! Discover the island from our Ecotourism accommodations in Spain.
Eco-friendly accommodation with Sansofestay
In order to reduce our carbon footprint and be more sustainable with our eco-friendly accommodation, we use renewable energies such as:
- Solar panels that help us heat sanitary and swimming pool water.
- A heat pump for the pool water as well as a thermal blanket to cover it at night and in winter. The heat pump is considered renewable energy because the energy produced is higher than the consumed.
- Photovoltaic solar panels to produce our own electricity, thereby greatly reducing our carbon footprint.
At the same time, we try to reduce the use of chemicals, using two mechanisms:
- Ozonated water producer device with great degreasing and disinfectant power that allows us to save all the soap in the washing machine, soap for cleaning floors, glass cleaners, etc., using only water.
- Ozone gas appliance to disinfect the apartments before the entry of new guests, minimizing the use of chemicals.
We also have a filter that allows guests to have the water they need without having to buy plastic bottles.
As you can see, Sansofestay is committed to eco-friendly accommodation in Tenerife. We make improvements on a daily basis so that you can enjoy a relaxing holiday in connection with nature. We are located on the beautiful island of Tenerife and more specifically in the North, in La Matanza de Acentejo, where the beauty and richness of nature will leave you speechless...
Frequently asked questions about ecotourism in Spain
Below you will find answers to some frequently asked questions about ecotourism in Spain. If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact us, we will be happy to help you.